Sunday, January 21, 2018

Medieval Midnight

I had been messing around with spray paint and paint in spray bottles most of last summer, making abstract stuff. I decided to get representational for a bit once I knew how my materials worked. From top to bottom:
The sky is all spray paint, except the blue, which was from a spray bottle. I used a toothpick dipped in model enamel to make the stars.
The castle was spray painted grey and then had spray bottles of black, white and grey on it.
The town is all spray paint: black, brown and yellow.
I used hand cut paper stencils to isolate sections. The little yellow windows were a bitch because I had to use so much paint to get a good saturation that they leaked all over and had to be touched up with black around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment